Facts and figures
|Shutters produced per day:||up to 1.500 Stk.|
|Plot area:||53,000 m²|
|Production sites:||Mahlberg and Ettenheim|
EHRET's development from a small workshop to an industrial enterprise
2018 - present: Evolution – 50 years of EHRET
- 2018: 50th anniversary
2012 – 2017: Forward-thinking innovations
- 2012: Set up of object business. Support given to architects in planning and on-site implementation
- 2013: Manuel Meier will assume the position of CEO as of September with immediate effect.
- Market launch of the MoveOn electric folding sliding shutter.
- 2014: Idea of sliding shutters without visible guide (GLIT). Presentation at Swissbau in Basle. EHRET wins the Innovation Prize for GLIT at Equip'Baie in Paris in the autumn.
- 2015: EHRET invests in new production systems (laser cutting, ISO models) in order to meet growing customer requirements.
- 2016: EHRET is the first German company to receive QUALIDECO certification. EHRET is certified in accordance with the ISO 50001 energy management standard. EHRET protection against intruders is RC2-tested (EN 1627).
- 2017: Eberhard Schopferer is appointed CEO and takes over management of EHRET GmbH. Manuel Meier takes up the position of CSO of the Schenker Storen Group.
- Investment in a new packaging system and a modern sawing centre.
2011: Acquisition by the Schenker Storen AG
September 2011: The family company, EHRET GmbH, is taken over by Schenker Storen AG – no. 1 in the Swiss sun and weather protection market. The company continues to be operated and expanded under the name of EHRET GmbH in Mahlberg.
2001 – 2011: Opening of the showroom and training centre
- 2001: Acquisition of a production building with auxiliary offices, covering an area of 2,600 m². By now the company employs a staff of 200.
- 2002: Opening of the EHRET showroom.
- 2003: New construction of the 6,700 m² production centre.
- 2004: The EHRET training centre for dealers is opened.
- 2007: Inauguration of the new 4,000 m² warehouse for raw materials.
- 2008: Over 200 employees celebrate the 40-year anniversary of the company. Inauguration of an additional production building, in which insulation models, sliding and folding sliding shutters and even special constructions are manufactured.
1988 – 2000: New systems and expansion of production
- 1990: Start-up of a second automatic powder-coating system and acquisition of a new hall to be used as a store for raw materials and a delivery warehouse.
- 1991: New construction of an administrative building and expansion of the production area to a total of 9,000 m².
- 1997: Start-up of a finishing system for the production of wood, marble and granite finishes.
- 2000: Expansion of the production areas with the takeover of a 2,800 m² production building.
1987: Renaming of the company
The company is renamed to EHRET GmbH.
1969 – 1986: Development of aluminium shutters
- 1969: Expansion of the production facilities and warehouse space in Freiburger Strasse.
- 1971: Development and production of aluminium window shutters. Establishment of own tool manufacturing and commencement of production of wet paint coating as third-party contractors.
- 1973: Josef Betz leaves the company and Bernd Ehret continues as sole manager.
- 1976: Acquisition of a powder-coating system for small parts, such as fittings.
- 1978: Expansion of production and administration and new construction of an office and production building in Mahlberg / Orschweier.
- 1984: New construction of Plant II and start-up of the automatic powder-coating system.
Foundation of Ehret & Betz GmbH by Bernd Ehret and Josef Betz.
Schenker Storen Group
The Schenker Storen Group is a market-leading, international enterprise in the sun and weather protection market. The Group includes Switzerland’s number 1, Schenker Storen and EHRET, the European market leader for aluminium shutters headquartered in Germany. Both companies benefit from the increased market coverage and offer the full range of weather and sun protection solutions as well as an extensive variety of services.